Travel & Escapes
Travel News Updates
Blooming period: From August till September, 2018Location: Mt. Chike of Yuli Town & Mt. Lioushidan of Fuli Town in HualienMt. Chike and Mt. Lioushidan are the two major places in Hualien for picturesque daylily fields from August till September every year. Where visitors may admire the mountains covered in a sea of golden-colored flowers wave in the wind during the Daylily Flower Blossoming Season....
The 2018 Taiwan Hot Air Balloon Festival will take off on June 30 at Luye Gaotai , Taitung. This year, the festival will be extended an extra week to last a total of 45 days, offering travelers more shows and more featured balloons to enjoy. The spectacular hot air balloon rides offer all visitors mesmerizing East Rift Valley Scenic views. East Rift Valley is surrounded by high mountains, hills, terraces, and plains, providing an ideal location for hot air balloons....
Dragon Boat Festival is an ancient tradition with a rich folk tale background which gradually changed into a competitive sport and the modern festival we know today. It is a significant Chinese festival celebrated on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month. Its origin was to commemorate the patriotic poet Qu Yuan. This festival is one of the three major celebrated festivals in Taiwan, together with Chinese New Year and the Moon Festival. Out of all three Taiwan festivals, Dragon Boat Festival has the longest history with many stories telling its...
It is always great to have your body revitalized and relaxed through a hot spring bath. Today, you may discover the world’s top 5 hot springs with TravelKing.1. Blue Lagoon Geothermal Spa, IcelandBlue Lagoon Iceland Geothermal Spa is located in a lava field in Grindavik on the Reykjanes Peninsula of southwestern Iceland. It is a unique geothermal spa with warm waters rich in minerals like silica and sulfur with an average water temperature of 37-39°C / 98-102°F in the bathing and swimming area, which is enjoyable year round, even ...
Situated in Taipei County, Wulai is a natural place for relaxing and taking spring water baths. You may take MRT to Taipei Main Station or Xindian Station, and then take bus no. 1601 to the last stop. There are lots of restaurant and stalls along the Wulai Old Street. You may try the Bamboo Tube stuffed with Rice, Baked Mochi, brown sugar mochi, deep fried river prawns and fish, Honey-Glazed Yams, Magao Chicken (baked chicken with black pepper,) Wild Boar Kebabs, Wild Boar Sausage, and high mountain vegetables and ferns. There are also hot spri...
2011 is a special year to Taiwan as it marks the centennial year of the nation. A series of mega events and celebrations have been scheduled across major Taiwan cities to representing the “bright future” of Taiwan. Marking 100 years since the Republic of China was founded, the Double Tenth Day, also known as the Taiwan National Day, will be at its most colorful and vibrant this year. There will be a full set of traditional performances, events and ceremonies across the island. On the day of the 2011 Taiwan National Day (October 10th...
Eastern1-Day Hualien Taroko Gorge Tour
Central & Southern2-Day Puli, Sun Moon Lake & Lukang Tour
Central & Southern2-Day Kaohsiung & Kenting Tour
Central & Southern3-Day Sun Moon Lake & Alishan Tour
Central & Southern4-Day Central & Southern Taiwan Tour – Sun Moon Lake, Kaohsiung & Kenting
The Island4-Day Formosa Holiday – Sun Moon Lake, Tainan, Kaohsiung, Kenting, Taitung & Hualien
- TaipeiTaipei is the capital of Taiwan. It is a political, economic, educational, and cultural center of Taiwan, The city is served by two airports - Taipei Songshan and Taiwan Taoyuan. One should not miss visiting Taipei 101, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, National Palace Museum, Ximending, and night markets.
- KaohsiungKaohsiung is located in southern-western Taiwan. It is a prosperous city. Visitors may explore this beautiful southern Taiwan city in a short KRT rides. The city is also known for having a large number of shopping streets, organized night market, the Pier-2 Art Center, and the E-DA Theme Park.
- AlishanAlishan area is an excellent Taiwan tourist destination all-year-round. Enriched by abundant natural resources, visitors may find Alishan filled with picturesque sceneries during each season.
- NantouNantou County is situated in the center of Taiwan with abundant natural resources as well as animals and plants, earning the name of “Mother Earth of Taiwan”. Sun Moon Lake, Yushan, and Formosan Aboriginal Culture Village are just some must-visit sightseeing locations for your Nantou Travel.
- TainanTainan is one of the largest cities of Taiwan and was once the capital city of the island in the past. As the ancient capital of Taiwan, Tainan is rich in preserved historical sites, cultures, and traditional dishes.
- YilanYilan is surrounded by mountains facing the Pacific Ocean. It is located in the northeast of Taiwan. With an average temperature of 22 degrees Celsius, Yilan often rains but offers beautiful foggy scenery.
- HualienFacing the immense Pacific Ocean in the east and leaning against the Central Range, Hualien is a beautiful eastern Taiwan city famed for its abundant natural sceneries, colorful aboriginal cultures, and tasty specials making it the perfect Taiwan destination.
- TaitungTaitung is famous for its fascinating nature wonders, indigenous aboriginal cultures, precious Jhihben Hot Spring, as well as offshore islands: Green Island and Lanyu (Orchid Island).