Wulai Hot Spring is located in Wulai District of New Taipei City (Taipei County), and its name comes from Atayal language which means “steaming water”. It is said that the hot spring was found by Atayal hunters around three hundred years ago.
Occupied the southern part of New Taipei City, this area is famous for aboriginal culture and hot springs. The water of Wulai Hot Springs, known as “beauty spring”, is clear, odorless, and is up to 80 degrees centigrade. The water benefits skin by rich elements of alkaline sodium bicarbonate. Therefore, many visitors came to Wulai for taking hot spring baths.
Visitors usually choose to take hot spring bath in the resort or in the hotel. However, there is a public pool right next to the bank of Nanshi River; visitors may experience taking an open-air bath. Wulai is also well-known for waterfall views, cherry blossoms, bird watching etc. With a beautiful natural landscape, Wulai is a popular destination for fishing, swimming, and camping. Visitors may take a stroll on Wulai Old Street and enjoy local vegetables and aboriginal cuisines at Atayal restaurants. The aboriginal cuisines have exotic flavors that you should not miss. Besides enjoy Wulai hot spring, visitors may also visit other sightseeing spots in Wulai such as Atayal Museum, Wulai Tourist Train, Neidong Forest Recreation Area, and Yunxian Park.
Sodium bicarbonate hot springs
Located 40min driving away from downtown Taipei City, the Wulai area is enriched with aboriginal culture and hot spring. The Wulai Hot Spring is also known as the beauty spring which is clear, odorless, and is up to 80 degrees Celsius.
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2015 Taipei Lantern Festival
- Taipei Chinese New Year Shopping Street – 20 Years Celebration
- 2015 Taipei and New Taipei City Cherry Blossom Festivals
- Grand Opening of Taipei City New Children's Amusement Park
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!
- (Taipei) Have A Two Day Travel at Wulai
- (Taipei) Experience the Exotic Jiufen (Chiufen) Old Street