As this park shows, old mining facilities can be transformed into a premier recreational tour attraction with many of the park’s original buildings being re-used as exhibition and tourist destination. The main buildings of the park includes the Museum of Gold, Environmental building displaying natural environment and geology around Jinguashi area, Gold-refining building offers opportunities for tourists to filter gold from minerals through water, Crown Prince Chalet for a glimpse of an elegant Japanese palace style building, Four Joined of Japanese –style residence for high level employees as a living house, Benshan Fifth Tunnel giving visitors a taste of what it was like to work down the mine and a Tourist information center.
The Museum of Gold is housed in the former offices of the Taiwan Metal Mining Corp. The 1st floor displays the journey of discovering gold, Benshan Tunnels, old mining equipments, mining transport systems and a brief introduction to the WWII Japanese Allied prisoners’ camp. The 2nd floor uses gold and the main theme displaying gold characteristics, art works made of gold, and a world record, 220kg, 999 pure gold giant for visitors to see and feel. There’s even a billboard beside the giant gold piece stating “If you can lift me, carry me home!” If you come to Jiufen for your Taipei travel, don't forget to come and try your hand on the giant gold piece!
Monday – Thursday 9:30am to 5:00pm
Friday – Sunday 9:30am to 6:00pm
Services for non-Chinese speakers:
Tuesday – Friday 10:00am, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
Holidays (Saturday and Sunday) 10:00am, 11:00am, 2:00pm, 3:00pm
Entrance fee TWD$100 per adult
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- Grand Opening of Taipei City New Children's Amusement Park
- 2014 New Taipei City, Kaohsiung Open Jiang Mascots Balloon Parade
- 2014 Christmasland in New Taipei City
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Taiwan Ranks in New York Times’ List of Top 52 Places to Visit in 2014
- Travelers may now rent a car at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!