Not until year 1993 when Taipei City Government relocates into its new quarters and in 1996, the building renovation started for the designated historic landmark. The building reopened in May 2001 as the “Museum of Contemporary Art Taipei” and since then, it has become a new landmark on the city’s culture map. Its foundation has based on the principles of art innovation, heritage revitalization and contemporary culture connection. Over the past 9 years, the museum has hosted more than a hundred exhibitions from local and overseas artists. Combining historical architecture and contemporary art, MOCA Taipei has provided a prime reference point for local citizens exchanging experiences. In addition, the Museum’s collaboration with Jan Cheng Junior High School has also strengthened its educational role. It is a great example of the redevelopment of old spaces while promoting art and culture in the communities.
MOCA Taipei amplifies a perfect combination of contemporary art, historical architecture and technology thanks to the joint efforts of Taipei City Government, the local community, artists and the business world. Besides displaying contemporary art in new and usual media within a beautiful historical setting, it will bring innovation into Taipei and art into the community. MOCA Taipei seeks to be a valued neighbor in the community.
Closed on Mondays.
Tickets sold until 5:30pm
General Admission：50 NT
GroupTickets：20% discount for groups of 20 or more
MOCArd members：10% discount for MOCArd members
Admission is free for：
1. Children under six years old, accompanied by adult(s)
2. Persons with disabilities (must be accompanied)
3. People who hold related valid certificated as follows:
a. Children passport
b. Licensed tour guides with visiting groups
c. Senior citizens (above sixty-five years old)
d. Member of ICOM, AAA, AICA
f. Teachers and students of Jan Cheng Junior High School
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
Jan Cheng Junior High School Parking Lot, NT$15/30 min
By Taipei MRT:
Take Taipei MRT-Danshui Line (捷運淡水線) to MRT Zhongshan Station (捷運中山站). Walk along Taipei MRT Underpass (捷運大街) towards Taipei Main Station (台北車站) to ChangAn West Road exit (長安西路出口).
Take bus no. 216, 217, 218, 220, 224, 247, 260, 287, 310 to Zhongshan Market stop (中山市場站).
Drive on your own:
No. 1 National Highway (國道一號): Taipei Chongqing N. Rd. Interchange (台北重慶北路交流道) -> Sec. 2 Chongqing N. Road (重慶北路二段) -> Sec. 1 Chongqing N. Road (重慶北路一段) -> ChangAn W. Road (長安西路) -> Museum of Contemporary Art (台北當代藝術館)
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2014 Christmasland in New Taipei City
- LUCY Promoting the Streets of Taipei
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Taiwan Ranks in New York Times’ List of Top 52 Places to Visit in 2014
- Travelers may now rent a car at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!
- (Taipei) Have A Two Day Travel at Wulai