Upon entering the residence, you can find Madame Chiang’s former Cadillac and her favorite rose garden along with white plum trees. Also, part of the Chiang Kai-Shek Shilin Residence is the Ecosystem Zone, which allows you to observe all sorts of plants and insects at your pleasure. In addition, the Wooden Musical Stage engrosses you in the aural feast while you relax in the beautiful garden surroundings.
The Chiang Kai-Shek Shilin Residence is accompanied by Chinese style and Western style gardens, including Shilin Garden Zone, Garden Display Gallery, European Garden, Oriental Court, and Choral Hall. Some of these gardens have gorgeous plants and rose bushes decorated with artificial stone cliffs and flourished with blooming trees. It was designated a national historical monument.
The most popular place in the Chiang Kai-Shek Shilin Residence is Victoria Chapel, a beautiful place where Chiang Kai-Shek and Madame Chiang used to pray. Moreover, the Victoria Chapel used to be a place that held elegant wedding ceremonies for Chiang’s family. Today, the Victoria Chapel is still the most popular place for couples to take wedding photographs in Taipei City.
The Chiang Kai-Shek Shilin Residence is one of the top recommended tour sites for your Taipei travel
Opening hours: Weekdays: 08:30-17:00 Weekends: 08:00-19:00
Entrance fee: Free for all entries
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
1. Take MRT to Shilin MRT Station(士林捷運站), exit number 2(2號出口) and turn left onto Zhongshan North Rd(中山北路) to reach the residence.
1. Take bus route 220, 304, 260, 255 to Taibei High School stop(泰北中學站), walk 5 mins to reach Shilin Official Residence (士林官邸站).
1. National Highway No.1(國道一號), exit Taipei offramp towards Chongching North Rd(重慶北路), turn to Minzu West Rd(民族西路) and turn on to Zhongshan North Rd(中山北路) to reach the residence.
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- Grand Opening of Taipei City New Children's Amusement Park
- 2014 Christmasland in New Taipei City
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!
- (Taipei) Have A Two Day Travel at Wulai
- (Taipei) Experience the Exotic Jiufen (Chiufen) Old Street
- (Taipei) Explore Beauties of Maokong with Maokong Gondola!