Shilin Night Market
Shilin Night Market is not only the most popular Taipei night market for the locals, but also a must-visit Taipei attraction for oversea travelers during their visit to Taipei. Shilin Night Market is famed for a wide array of authentic Taiwan eateries and fashionable clothing. Most of the shops are housed in the indoor enclosure; other shops and stalls can be seen along the streets.
The new renovated building of Shilin Night Market is comprised of three basement floors and one ground floor. Two basement levels (B2& B3) are designed to be car parking space, while B1 is where 94 food vendors can be found, offering wide selections of Taiwan snacks. The new home of Shilin Night Market is appointed with air-conditioning, designed to provide a more comfortable space for visitors to savor a memorable Taiwan night market experience.
Shilin Night Market is now closer to other food and clothing stalls on Wenlin and Danan Road, where visitors are also offered with convenience in one-stop shopping. In addition, not all the food stalls in Shilin Night Market have been relocated, 500 other food vendors on Dadong Road and nearby streets are not affected by the relocation. Shilin Night Market is Taipei’s largest and one of the most popular night markets for a wide array of authentic Taiwan eateries and fashionable clothing that one should not miss for their Taiwan travel.
night market food:
Zhong Shanghai Pan-fried Buns, Nangang Chang PepperBuns, Haiyo Pork Soup, Home Cold Noodle, Shiling Fried Lamb
11:00am to -02:00am
By Taipei MRT:
Take Taipei MRT-Danshui Line (捷運淡水線) to MRT Jiantan Station(捷運劍潭線).
1. Take minibus no. 15 (小15), 16(小16), 17(小17), 18(小18), 19(小19) to Yangming Theatre stop (陽明戲院站).
2. Take bus no. 109, 203, 216, 220, 260, 267, 279, 280, 285, 310, 606, 612, 646, 685, 902 or Zhongshan Line (中山幹線) to Ming Chuan University stop (銘傳大學站).
3. Take bus no. 203, 216, 218, 224, 266, 280, 304 Chengde Line (304 承德線), 308, 310, 606, 616, 618, 665, or minibus no. 18 (小18) to Xiaobei Street stop (小北街).
4. Take bus no. 41, 529, 620, or 30 Red (紅30) to Shilin Market (士林市場).
5. Take bus no. 109, 220, 203, 260, 267, 277, 279, 285, 612, 646, 685, 902, or Zhongshan Line (中山幹線) to MRT Jiantan Station (捷運劍潭站).
Drive on your own:
No. 1 National Highway (國道一號) -> Taipei Interchange (台北交流道) -> Chonqing N. Rd. (重慶北路) -> Minzu W. Road (民族西路) -> Zhongshan N. Road (中山北路) -> Zhongshan Bridge (中山便橋) -> MRT Jiantan Station (捷運劍潭站) -> make a left turn at Wenlin Road (文林路) -> Shilin Night Market (士林觀光夜市)