- Pingtung LINE Friends Rice Paddy Art Festival
- 2015 Taiwan Firefly Tourism
- TravelKing Anti Fraud Statement
- The 2015 Tung Flower Blossom Festival
- Top 10 Taiwan Food Product Tourism Factories
- New Attraction Recommendations in Alishan
- Taichung Da Jia Mazu Pilgrimage Festival
- 2015 Kenting Music Festival – Spring Scream
- TravelKing Exclusive Hotel Promotion in Tainan
- 2015 Penghu Ocean Fireworks Festival
Events / News：
2012 Hakka Tung Blossom Festival in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hualien, Miaoli, Yilan & more!
2012 Hakka Tung Blossom Festival (Photo: Eva P.)
With a hidden location in the bustling Xinyi District of Taipei City, nearby premium department stores such as Shin Kong Mitsukoshi, Bellavita and Taipei 101, Good Cho’s is now a trendy bagel café, gallery and the Simply Life’s store in the 60-year-old former military village- Xinyi Public Assembly Hall House, which is also known as Shi-Shi-Nan-Village. This attractive café serves fresh bagels and homemade yogurt, and is also the venue where live music performances, a weekly outdoor flea market and an annual Simple Life music and art festival can be savored.
Address: No.54, Songqin St., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 110, Taiwan
By MRT -> Walk
Take Taipei MRT Bannan Line to MRT Taipei City Hall Station -> Turn left at Keelung Road intersection after coming out from Exit 1 -> City Hall Road -> Xinyi Road -> Zhuangjing Road -> Xinyi Public Assembly Hall House -> Good Cho’s
1. Take bus no. 1, 22, 33, 37, 38, 226, 266, 288 or 5 Blue to TWTC stop on Zhuangjing Road
2. Take bus no. 207 or 294 to TWTC stop on Sec. 5 Xinyi Road
3. Take bus 537 or 5 Blue to TWT stop on Sec. 5 Xinyi Road near Taipei 101
4. Take Bus 537 to Taipei 101 stop on City Hall Road near Taipei 101
Please visit the official web site of Good Cho’s or Simple Life’s Store for more information(Chinese only).
Taiwan-born Lee Ang had his latest 3D film production- Life of Pi filmed in his homeland, Taiwan. Most of the imageries were computer-generated for special audiovisual effects. However, 75 percent of Life of Pi was filmed at various Taiwan destinations including the main scene of the Pacific Ocean and its waves created by a specially designed wave-generating pool built by the film crews at the former Taichung Shuinan Airport, the exotic floating island during Pi’s journey at Pingtung Banyan Park, the Mexican beach at Kenting Baisha Bay, as well as the animals from Taipei City Zoo includes rhinoceros, lemurs and a Taiwan native Formosan black bear.
Now, an exhibition which displays props from the movie Life of Pi, interactive installations and 3D images, is held at the National Museum of Natural Science in Taichung. There is also an educational component on how to survive at sea.
Moreover, during the 10 month filming in Taiwan, the film crew are not only impressed by the kind and hospitable people here, but also pleased by the services and hospitalities offered by several Taichung hotels. Book your Taichung hotels today at Sinotour.com and get ready to discover the Life of Pi and other beauties of these mesmerizing Taiwan stops!
Visit Taitung for the distinctive Chinese New Year festivity, throwing firecrackers at Master Han Dan! Other than participating in this unique celebration, you are also recommended to taste delicious Taitung aboriginal local snacks and aboriginal delicacies.
Book a Taitung hotel for your Taiwan Chinese New Year travel at sinotour.com now and enjoy a wonderful Chinese New Year vacation in Taiwan!