The name of the area Wulai, is a term from the native Atayal aboriginal tribe, meaning hot spring. Therefore, hot spring is known as the main feature of Wulai. Unlike other hot springs in Taiwan, Wulai hot spring is colorless and odorless. Another famous scenic spot of Wulai is the railway that was used for the developments of the area; lumbers were delivered by trains.
Other than the hot spring and historical railway, there locates a gondola in Yunshan amusement park that locates at the top of the magnificent waterfalls. In addition to the nature environment, there is also an indigenous culture center that displays the native culture, tradition habitations, and historical artifacts of the Tai Ya aboriginal tribe. Today, Wulai is a popular scenic area for your Taipei travel.
Wulai is famous for its natural sceneries, enriched aboriginal cultures, and precious hot spring resource. The distinctive aboriginal delicacies of Magau will also dazzle your taste buds!
Take Xindian Bus (Taipei-Wulai route bus no. 849) from Taipei Main Station at Chingdao W. Road or MRT Xindian Station to Wulai Bus Terminus. From there, take a 3-5mins walk to the hotel.
Take Taipei MRT-Xindian Line to MRT Xindian Station and take Xindian Bus (Taipei-Wulai route bus no. 849) to Wulai Bus Terminus. The travel time from MRT Xindian Station to Wulai is about a 40mins ride.
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2014 New Taipei City, Kaohsiung Open Jiang Mascots Balloon Parade
- 2014 Christmasland in New Taipei City
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Taiwan Ranks in New York Times’ List of Top 52 Places to Visit in 2014
- Travelers may now rent a car at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!
- (Taipei) Have A Two Day Travel at Wulai