The market features over 200 stalls, selling potted plants, flowers, seeds, and all other botanical related including tools, pots, fertilizer, agricultural materials and even books are all to be found here. The industrial Development Bureau and the local Farmer’s Association worked together with Taipei City Government in establishing the market back in year 1982, since then, they have successfully increased the competitiveness of domestic floral agriculture products and provide a new way for growers to sell their products directly to customers.
Since the market only opens during weekends and holidays, it is always packed with visitors and floral enthusiasts searching for goods. The market often hosts exhibitions of agricultural products and workshops for the public as well, making the market a great place for education and recreation activities.
Sat - Sun 09:00am - 18:00pm
By Taipei MRT (台北捷運):
Take Taipei MRT-Wenhu Line (台北捷運-文湖線) to MRT Daan Station (捷運大安站), then walk along Sec.3 Xinyi Rd. (信義路3段) to Jianguo S. Rd (建國南路).
Take bus no. 20, 22, 38, 204, Xinyi Line or 0 East to Jianguo Holiday Flower Market (建國假日花市)
Drive on your own:
Drive east from Xinyi Road (信義路) -> Xinyi Jianguo Intersection (信義建國路口) -> Jianguo Holiday Flower Market (建國假日花市)
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2014 Taipei International Birdwatching Fair
- 2014 Art Taipei
- LUCY Promoting the Streets of Taipei
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- 2014 Taipei Hot Spring Season
- Taiwan Ranks in New York Times’ List of Top 52 Places to Visit in 2014
- Travelers may now rent a car at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die