Visitors may find freshwater and brackish ponds, mudflats, marsh, rice paddies, and woodlands inhabited by a rich variety of organisms. Guandu Nature Park is a perfect place for an ecological tour. Over 830 species of animals including amphibians, fishes, insects, mammals, and reptiles, and about 230 species of birds have been observed to date making this wetland an important bird area of Taiwan.
Since 1999, one of the largest and most popular environmental events of Taiwan and Easy Asia, the Taipei International Bird-Watching Fair is held annually during autumn at the Guandu Nature Park.
Normal Hours : 09:00am - 05:00pm (no more entry after 4:30pm)
Public Holidays : 09:00am - 06:00pm (no more entry after 5:30pm)
The Park closes on the third Monday of every month, and the eve of the Lunar Chinese New Year.
(There are variations due to seasonal changes, so please refer to the actual times of the venue).
Contact Number : 02-2858-7417
Information Service Counter : provides info on related activities, as well as service for simple medical care and lost & found services.
Souvenir Shop : related products
Foods & Drinks Zone : light meals, coffee, afternoon tea.
Lecture Room : available for rent.
1) Normal Ticket : TWD 50 per person
2) Beneficiary Ticket (Primary & Junior High students, elderlies above 65 years, groups of over 30 people per group which need reservation a fortnight early) : TWD 30
3) Children's Group Ticket (kindergarten parties - please provide official documents for reservation purposes) : TWD 20
4) Free : children under 90cm of height and is accompanied by an adult, and anyone who is disabled.
NOTE : Anyone who fits under 2). and 4). please co-operate and provide any related identification documents. Anyone who does not will have to fall under category 1).
The above fees are for reference purposes only; actual costs are informed at the actual venue and we do NOT give any prior notice.
Large vehicles : NT$80 per hour.
4-wheel drives : NT$40 per hour.
Great Taipei Travel News/Events
- 2014 Christmasland in New Taipei City
- LUCY Promoting the Streets of Taipei
- Travelers Choose Night Market Over Taipei 101 In Taiwan Now
- Taiwan Ranks in New York Times’ List of Top 52 Places to Visit in 2014
- Travelers may now rent a car at Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
- Pingxi Sky Lantern Festival, One of 14 Must-Go Festivals Before You Die
- Taiwan Summer Travel - Popular Taiwan Amusement Parks in Taipei, Taoyuan, Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung, Nantou & more!
- (Taipei) Have A Two Day Travel at Wulai