Kaohsiung News & Events
2011 Taiwan Dragon Boat Festival Celebrations in Chiayi, Kaohsiung, Pingtung, Taipei, Yilan and many more
Dragon Boat Race in Taiwan
As Yangmingshan in Taipei, Da Keng Scenic Area is the backyard of Taichung City. It is a mountain area that offers 10 well-developed hiking trails, full length 18,000 meters and at the altitude from 300 to 859 meters; Da Keng recreational area has been popular with hikers on the weekend for a long time. Within this recreational area, there is a private garden full of cherry blossom trees, and the owner will open to public during the blooming periods around February and March. The garden is set on Zhuoshui Lane covers 6 hectares and plants around 5,000 Taiwan Cherry trees and Fuji Cherry trees. Visitors may come to the garden for cherry blossoms viewing and take a walk on the hiking trails and admire the natural scenery. In addition, Da Keng Scenic area now has some cafes and dyehouses, also a camping field, amusement parks and leisure farms, offers various choices for tourists.
1. Take Ren-Yo Bus (仁友客運) No. 31 at the front of Taichung Train Station to Zhuoshui Lane stop -> Zhuoshui Cherry blossoms Garden
Drive on your own:
1. From Taichung City:
Dongshan Road (東山路) heading to Xinshe (新社) -> Da Keng (大坑) -> Zhongxingling (中興嶺) -> Xinshe
2. No. 1 National Highway (Zhongshan Highway) -> Exit Daya offramp (大雅交流道) -> Connect to Huanzhon Rd (環中路) -> Turn right on to Songzhu Rd Sect 2 (松竹路二段) -> Turn left to Dongshan Rd (東山路) -> Turn right on to Zhuoshui Lane -> Continue 4km to reach.
3. No. 1 National Highway (Zhongshan Highway) -> Exit Taichung Port Rd offramp(中港交流道) -> Connect to Taichung Port Rd(中港路) -> Turn left to Wenshin Rd(文心路) -> Turn again to Dongshan Rd(東山路) -> Turn right on to Zhuoshui Lane -> Continue 4km to reach.
At an altitude of 800 meters, Guguan is located at the mountainous area of Poai Village in the east of Taichung City, which is also on the horizontal cross-island highway of Taiwan. With a variety of hot spring hotels or resorts and indigenous cuisines nearby, Guguan is a popular place for tourists to enjoy a hot spring vacation. The cherry blossoms venue is situated within Guguan Scenic Area, near the Hot Spring Culture Museum and hot spring area. Visitors may come to appreciate the cherry blossoms while enjoying a hot spring vacation. Taiwan cherry and Wusheh cherry can be usually found here and the best time for cherry blossoms viewing is around February and March.
By Car :
1. National number 1 highway(國道一號), exit Taichung offramp(台中系統交流道), connect to National number 4 highway(國道四號) towards Dongshih(東勢), drive along Tai 3 route(台3線) to Tai 8 route(台8線) to reach.
2. National number 3 highway(國道三號), exit Chingshuei offramp(清水系統交流道), connect to National number 4 highway(國道四號) towards Dongshih(東勢), drive along Tai 3 route(台3線) to Tai 8 route(台8線) to reach.
By Bus :
1. From Taichung Train Station(台中火車站), take Fongyuan bus(豐原客運) towards Dongshih(東勢), exit Dongshih station(東勢站), transit bus to Guguan(谷關) directly
Taian is located at north of Taichung City, Houli District, which is famous for an old railway relic. After re-route of the Western Line TRA has closed the Taian Old Railway Station and remained it as a scenic spot and historical facility, while the new Taian Railway Station is the one operates the transportation service. The cherry blossoms site in Taian is situated close to Taian Police Station which is 15 minutes walk away from the new Taian Railway Station. Yaizakura and Taiwan cherry are normally can be seen here, and the best time for viewing cherry blossoms is February till March. Moreover, Houli District is the birthplace of world-famous Taiwanese saxophone manufacturers and the heart of saxophone manufacturing industry. You may pick up some knowledge and history of saxophone in the Lien Cheng Saxophone Memorial Hall or Taiwan Saxophone Art Center and enjoy performances in play houses or restaurants. Visitors may also stop by Fengyuan Railway Station to taste some local snacks at Fengyuan Miaodong Night Market which is just outside the station.
1. Take the train to Taian Station -> 15 minutes walk to reach.
1. Take Fengyuan Bus (豐原客運) No. 6563 from Fengyuan Train Station to Taian Police Station.
Drive on your own:
1. No. 1 National Highway (Zhongshan Highway) -> Exit Houli Interchange (后里交流道) -> Connect to Jiahou (甲后路) -> Turn left on to Sanfeng Rd(三豐路) -> Towards Taian Old Station to reach.
The cherry blossom viewing spot is located within Tiezhanshan Mountain Scenic Area, which is named because it’s looking is similar to iron anvil. Tiezhanshan Mountain Scenic Area is at northeast corner of Da Jia District and possesses Yaizakura and Taiwan cherry, and the best time for viewing cherry blossoms is February till March. Moreover, Da Jia is best known for the Da Jia Jenn Lenn Tample, the religion center of central Taiwan worships Mazu.
1. Take Fengyuan Bus (豐原客運) No. 6563 to Tiezhanshan stop -> 20 minutes walk to Tiezhanshan Mountain Scenic Area.
2. Take Ge-ya Bus (巨業客運) No. 6354 to Da Jia direction -> Tiezhanshan stop -> 20 minutes walk to Tiezhanshan Mountain Scenic Area.
Drive on your own:
1. Exit to Da Jia Interchange (大甲交流道) -> Turn left on to Jiahou Road (甲后路) -> Continue on Prov. Hwy 132 -> Shuiyuan Road (水源路) -> Zhongshan Road Sec. 1 to reach
Within the center of the city, there are several of the cherry trees are planted at strategic places, reminding Taichung residents that the arrival of spring and brightening the surrounding area with their vibrant pale pink and dark pink flowers. Due to the urban forestation and landscape improvement, visitors may enjoy relaxing landscape plant designs hide in the city jungle while traveling in Taichung.
Places: Taiyuan Road Sec.1, Wenchang Elementary School, Taichung City East District Office, Mingde Street in South District, Fu Shun Park in South District, Intersection of Huiwen Road and Dadun 12th Street, Xingzhong parking lot in Central District, and Intersection of Minquan Road and Ziyou Road.
Book Taichung hotels today for 2013 Taichung beautiful cherry blossom and local charm of Taichung City for your Taiwan travel.